Duchess Mew Artist Notes

Commentary from yours truly, the artist behind the author behind Duchess Mew. View the comic at Duchess Mew, and then come back here and give us feedback!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

1/29/2006

Vericon!

Hello faithful readers,

We've just returned from the last day of Vericon held at Harvard University. It's a gaming con with a focus on webcomics and ficition. While the role-playing was a little short (only 3 or 4 games available and we ran one of them), it was an enjoyable experience.

Webcomicing: The phenomenal author/artists of Dominic Deegan, Something Positive, Ctrl+Alt+Del, and Questionable Content were all con-guests. I had a lot of fun listening to them shoot the shit about their webcomics and giving tips about success and how they "do" webcomics. I've been reading the first three comics off and on for a couple of years, and really, really enjoy them. Questionable Content is a new one to me and I feel like it is really a solid comic. Probably not my bag since I don't follow the indie-music scene and I feel like I'm missing some references, but interesting non-the-less.

Fiction: George R. R. Martin was a guest of honor at Vericon and he read a chapter from the book his is currently writing "Dance with Dragons" (all the bits he couldn't fit in "Feast for Crows"). If you are a fan, you'll want to pick this up with it comes out. The reading was great. He claims the series should be about 7 books long whenever he finally finishes it. :-) It made me want to pick the series back up again.

Gaming: Like I said above, rpging was on the slim side (although it looked like LARPs and boffer stuff was going strong). I did get to play in an interesting Cold Space game run by its author Clash. Excellent system, fun game, damn good GM. I can't believe we got out alive. O_0

We also played a few board games, watched a little anime, and saw some really lovely art in the Art Show.

All in all, we had a good time. Hope you all also had interesting weekends. :)

Shade & Sweet Water,
The Masked Lioness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home